20,000 Lives Weekly Update
Here is what is happening in our community:
Resources & Upcoming Events
- Plumas Youth Undivided: PCPHA’s Plumas Youth Undivided is hosting a Pride Event with themes around prevention of alcohol and other substance usage on 6/24/2022 at the Courthouse in Quincy from 4-7pm. See flyer for more information.
- Quincy Family Caregiver Support Group: Caregivers need support too! Family Caregiver Support Groups returning to Quincy. Introductory meeting will be held Thursday, July 7th, from 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm at the Quincy Branch Library Conference Room. The schedule for future monthly meetings will be determined at that time. See flyer for more information.
- Summer Reading Program: Join us and READ BEYOND THE BEATEN PATH summer reading program. It easy, set your weekly goal, reach your goal, receive a prize and enter a drawing for a gift card. Special programming at each branch during July. Contact your local branch for details. Attached flyer above.
- Plumas Transit: As of 6/1/2022, Fridays in June are free in Plumas County!
- Sierra Cascade Family Opportunities: SCFO has multiple job opportunities. See attached flyers.
- Plumas Rural Services: See attached flyer for multiple job opportunities with PRS.
- Plumas County Public Health Agency: Please click here for county HR page and more information. There are currently openings in the Health Promotion & Chronic Disease Prevention Division; Clinical, Nursing Services & Chronic Disease Prevention Division; Public Health Support Services Division; COVID-19 Response Division; and Senior Services Division.
- Quarterly Meeting: The next quarterly meeting of the 20,000 Lives group is Wednesday, September 7 from 11:00am-1:00pm, location TBD. Please see the above attached “save the date” card for the 2022 full meeting schedule.
- Work groups: Need a refresher on what 20,000 Lives is or how to facilitate a work group under 20,000 Lives? Check out the 20,000 Lives Participation Guide
- COVID-19 Vaccine: Haven’t received your vaccine yet? Check out the Plumas County Public Health Agency’s website for up-to-date information: https://www.plumascounty.us/2761/COVID-19---Vaccine
- Include information or an event in our weekly update: Do you have something you would like posted? Submit an event to the 20,000 Lives Weekly Update here through the website. Don’t forget to include an attention-grabbing description of the event or activity, and be sure to attach a flyer if you have one.
Job Listings and Event Flyers